I am passionate about creative architectural photography and also enjoy landscape photography. I love lines, shapes, forms and symmetry and can’t go past a natural reflection shot.
I became serious about photography in late 2013 and started by taking a few beginner DSLR courses at night school. Over the intervening years I have participated in many workshops to further my skills.
In 2015 following encouragement from a photography workshop I started exploring architectural photography. Although I am based in Auckland my career as a pilot has taken me to some great cites with outstanding architecture around the world. This exposure to differing forms of architecture has caused me to become passionate about architectural photography, and I try to convey this passion in my work.
On October 23rd,2019 I retired from Air NZ as a Boeing 777 Captain and I now have more time to pursue my love of photography.
- 2014 Winner - NZ National Triptych Awards - Print.
- 2015 Silver medal - North Shore Salon
- 2017 New Zealand Sigma / DPhoto Amateur Photographer of the Year
- 2018 Attained my Associateship with PSNZ
- 2018 Winner - Architecture- Indoor, International Colour Awards
- 2018 Silver medal - Architecture Moscow Foto Awards
- 2018 NZiPP James White Memorial Award Winner
- 2019 NZiPP Commercial Photographer of the Year